Meghan P. Murray
Meghan P. Murray focuses on representing Illinois employers in workers’ compensation and employment matters. She is adept at handling the demands and intricacies of workers’ compensation and employment defense at every stage. Her practice includes conducting direct and cross-examination deposition of expert physicians; trial preparation, including case investigation, development of trial strategy, witness preparation, and motion practice; and conducting trials, through preparation and delivery of opening statements, witness testimony, and controlling the course of a trial. Meghan also drafts trial and appellate briefs and argues dispositive motions before trial and appellate courts.
Meghan’s experience defending employers and insurers extends to personal injury and a variety of civil litigation matters, including employer liability, construction and other workplace accidents, insurance law, third-party defense, and subrogation claims.
In addition to her trial work, Meghan advises worldwide claims-management corporations on legal strategy. She also routinely negotiates and drafts settlement contracts.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, J.D., 2014
- Was a staff member of the Health Law Journal
- Was an oralist on Loyola’s National Moot Court Team
- Was an oralist and brief-writer on the Chicago Bar Review Moot Court Team.
- Was the university’s 37th Annual Intra School Moot Court Champion, winning Best Oral Argument and beating out 200 participants before three judges from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, B.A., 2011
- Graduated from the James Scholar Honors Program with a dual Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Spanish.
- American Bar Association
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Association
- Special Olympics Illinois Young Professionals Board
Publications & Events
- Presenter, “How to Identify and Reduce Opioid Claims Exposure in Illinois” GS Workers’ Compensation Webinar, August 15, 2018