Michael G. Iovanna
Michael G. Iovanna represents clients in general liability, commercial litigation, and insurance coverage matters throughout Connecticut. Mike also focuses a significant portion of his practice on advising businesses and professionals in the construction industry, including reviewing architectural plans, construction blueprints, engineering reports, and other land surveying and design-related documents. He has defended numerous depositions and has been involved in mediations, arbitrations, and pre-trial conferences.
Mike has volunteered over 500 hours of pro bono work in Connecticut. During law school, he gained experience as a legal intern for the Connecticut State’s Attorney’s Office, where he was appointed lead intern on a nationally known murder trial. In this role, he also conducted extensive pro bono work, including trying cases for the motor vehicle docket and presenting arguments in front of Superior Court criminal judges on behalf of the people of the state of Connecticut.
- Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Court
- University Of Connecticut School of Law, J.D., 2018
- Intensive Trial Advocacy Participant
- AAJ Student Trial Advocacy Competition: Competitor
- Mock Trial Society
- Italian American Law Student Association
- University of Central Florida, B.A., 2015
- Connecticut Bar Association
- New Haven County Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Connecticut Italian American Bar Association
- Connecticut Defense Lawyers Association