Nicole G. Smith
Nicole G. Smith counsels insurers on a variety of complex coverage matters and insurance coverage litigation throughout Illinois. She assists with all aspects of coverage litigation, from pleadings and discovery to mediation and settlement negotiation. Nicole’s practice also includes handling professional liability matters. Following law school, Nicole spent nearly two years as a judicial law clerk for the Hon. Justice Mary L. Mikva in the Illinois Appellate Court.
During law school, Nicole gained experience as a summer associate in the litigation, regulatory, and corporate practice groups at a Milwaukee-based law firm, working on labor and employment, business, immigration, trusts and estates, and pro bono matters. She also held internships in the Office of the Public Defender in St. Louis, Missouri, the Office of the State Appellate Defender in Chicago, Illinois, and the American Civil Liberties Union of Illinois.
- Washington University School of Law, J.D., 2019
- Criminal Law Society: Co-Founder and President
- Washington University Jurisprudence Review: Senior Staff Writer
- Miami University, B.A., magna cum laude, 2015
- Friedrich-List-Schule, Fulbright Scholarship, 2015-16
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois Bar Association
- Illinois Judicial Bypass Coordination Project