Payal S. Shah
Payal S. Shah focuses her practice on counseling and defending clients in general liability claims concerning transportation, construction, premises, products, and property damage. She represents national commercial clients and individual owners, including trucking and transportation companies, property owners and tenants, and retail and restaurant chains, in state and federal courts. Payal’s experience also includes defending no-fault claims in arbitration forums, and she has handled insurance fraud law litigation as well as coverage issues.
While attending law school, Payal was a student attorney in the university’s Civil Justice Clinic, where she provided counseling and representation to low-income clients in a range of civil disputes, including one case where she successfully assisted a disabled veteran with a Social Security Income overpayment and achieved a favorable decision awarding benefits and waiving overpayment. Payal gained additional experience through her internship with the Supreme Court of New Jersey for the Honorable Margaret M. Hayden.
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D., 2012
- Pro Bono Society
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity
- South Asian Law Students Association
- Civil Justice Clinic: Student Attorney
- Rutgers University, B.A., 2009
- New York State Bar Association
Publications & Events
- “Emerging Tech and the Law: Here Comes The White Elephant,” NYS Judicial Institute, White Plains, NY, June 25, 2019