Phillip B. Jefferson
Phillip B. Jefferson focuses his practice on representing clients in a variety of workers’ compensation matters. He counsels and defends employers, insurance carriers, and third-party administrators throughout all stages of the workers’ compensation claims-handling process, from inception through resolution. Phillip has obtained favorable results for clients at all levels of the Industrial Commission, trying complex claims before Deputy Commissioners and arguing claims on appeal before the Full Commission.
Dedicated to improving workers’ compensation claims-handling strategies and practices, Phillip has presented on various topics at continuing legal education (CLE) seminars for workers’ compensation carriers, employers, and fellow attorneys.
During law school, Phillip served as a judicial extern to the Honorable J. Douglas McCullough of the North Carolina Court of Appeals, worked in the Office of the General Counsel for an international pharmaceutical company, and spent a summer in Superior Court as an extern with the Wake County District Attorney’s Office.
- North Carolina
- Campbell University School of Law, J.D., 2015
- Campbell Law Leadership Council
- Student Bar Association: Executive Board
- Campbell Law’s Mock Trial Team
- James Madison University, cum laude, Justice Studies, B.S., 2011
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Wake County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
Publications & Events
- “Guidelines and Exceptions for North Carolina’s Coming and Going Rule” (Presenter), GS Workers’ Compensation Webinar Series, September 25, 2019