Reshma Khanna is an associate in the firm’s Corporate Services and Commercial Litigation, Employment and Labor, and Management and Professional Liability groups. With experience in all aspects of employment law, Reshma focuses her practice on defending employers in litigation brought in state and federal courts as well as federal, state, and city agencies, and providing preventive counseling to insurers, employers, corporate boards, and management.
Reshma brings a unique perspective and strategic approach to her practice as she has handled claims for several large insurers, reinsurers, and claims management firms. Her past experience in the insurance industry includes making coverage determinations, assessing liability and damages, and negotiating favorable settlements for claims involving employment practices liability, directors and officers liability, errors and omissions, and more. Now, she regularly speaks at presentations and webinars for various legal and insurance conferences, non-profit organizations, and clients.
Reshma is an approved mediator for the New York Peace Institute, a non-profit agency that helps New York City residents in Brooklyn and Manhattan resolve a wide variety of disputes without involving the court system.
Reshma is a member of the Diversity Task Force, which strives to conceptualize and implement diversity-focused programs and give diversity a voice in our decision-making at the highest level. Goldberg Segalla’s commitment to diversity is strong, sincere, and a critical component of our firm’s mission and culture. The individuals on this task force share the firm’s strong commitment to increasing diversity, and they use their unique experiences and backgrounds to support and advance that goal.
Reshma represents employers before a wide variety of administrative agencies, including the New York State Department of Labor (DOL), the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the New York State Division of Human Rights (DHR), and the New York City Commission on Human Rights, as well as in federal and state court. She has handled cases involving claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, statutory violations, wrongful termination, breach of contract, and wage and hour violations, among others. Additionally, Reshma routinely handles Title III ADA accessibility compliance concerns and litigation for places of public accommodation—including website accessibility matters. Reshma’s experience also includes defending Fair Housing Act complaints. In addition to litigation, Reshma regularly counsels employers with respect to employment agreements, employee handbooks, and employment policies, practices, and procedures.
Reshma regularly defends a variety of professionals — accountants, attorneys, physicians, insurance agents and brokers, and more — against errors and omissions claims brought in state and federal courts. Her experience includes representing businesses and their management in commercial litigation matters involving claims of breach of contract, fraud, unfair competition, and breach of fiduciary duty. Reshma has also handled employee theft and social engineering fraud cases under fidelity and crime policies.
- New Jersey
- New York
- Connecticut, 2017
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D., 2016
- Northeastern University, B.S., cum laude, 2006
- South Asian Bar Association of New York
- New York Peace Institute
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society
- Brooklyn Law School Diversity Admissions Board Member
Publications & Events
- “Stay Tuned with Goldberg Segalla,” New York City Association of Insurance Women CE/CLE, New York, NY, June 12, 2019
- Co-Presenter, “ADA Title III Litigation,” LVL/Allied World CE/CLE, New York City, New York, May 7, 2018
- Presenter, “How to Sustain Successful Business Relationships with Clients, Counsel and Co-Workers,” Women in Insurance Leadership ExecuSummit, Uncasville, CT, April 18, 2017
- Co-Presenter, “Conducting Effective Workplace Investigations,” GS Employment and Labor Webinar Series, July 25, 2019
November 6, 2019
April 11, 2017
January 10, 2013