Ryan V. Powell
Ryan V. Powell focuses his practice on defending insurers, employers, and third-party administrators against workers’ compensation claims. He draws on experience handling cases involving discrimination in employment, housing, public accommodations, and credit transactions, as well as issues regarding municipal legislation, construction, and insurance.
Ryan received his bachelor’s in Sociology from the University of Connecticut before going on to earn his Juris Doctor from the university’s School of Law, where he was a member of the Black Law Students Association. As a law student, he served as an intern in the Anti-Trust Division of Hartford’s Office of the Attorney General, and as an Office of Public Hearings intern and later as a Legal Division intern in the Connecticut Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities. Ryan also worked as a student attorney for the Connecticut Urban Legal Initiative. In that role, he provided ongoing corporate and business legal services for nonprofit organizations throughout Connecticut.
Admitted to Practice
- Connecticut, 2019
- University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D., 2018
- Black Law Students Association
- University of Connecticut, B.A., Sociology, 2013
- Dean’s List
- Student Support Services Academic Achievement Award
- Intramural Basketball: Captain
- Connecticut Bar Association
- George W. Crawford Black Bar Association
- Boys to Men Youth Mentorship Program
- Bet Tzedek Conservatorship Program