Sara L. Pilson
Sara L. Pilson focuses her practice on intellectual property, trademark registration and litigation, helping to protect her clients’ business-related ideas, inventions, imagery, and creative compositions. Sara has drafted and submitted claims for semiconductor and mechanical patents to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and responded to actions in trademark, copyright, and patent prosecution matters. She has composed legal memoranda for a variety of intellectual property issues, including fair use.
Sara’s clients often benefit from her background in science, which includes a degree in Chemistry and experience as an advanced undergraduate research assistant at the Rochester Institute of Technology as well as a National Science Foundation fellowship at the University of Cincinnati.
- New York
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 2020
- Rochester Institute of Technology, cum laude, 2017
- New York State Bar Association
- The National LGBTQ+ Bar Association
Publications & Events
- “The Role of Morality in IP Suits Over COVID-19 Vaccines,” (co-author) Law360, August 5, 2022
- “An Inexpensive and Recyclable Silver-Foil Catalyst for the Cyclopropanation of Alkenes with Diazoacetates Under Mechanochemical Conditions,” (Co-Author), Angewandte Chemie, September 2015