Steven P. Nassi
Steven P. Nassi focuses his practice on assisting domestic and international insurers with complex coverage issues, risk-management, and the defense of extra-contractual claims. He handles a variety of first-party and property insurance claims, including the investigation and defense of claims involving fraud and other types of misconduct, often during the investigative and adjustment phase of the claims process.
Steve counsels and defends clients in cases involving various lines of insurance, such as property and casualty, environmental, errors and omissions, privacy and data breach, energy and catastrophe, and construction defect. He advises insurers and private clients on coverage issues pertaining to cyberattacks, HIPAA violations, and electronic fraud, and assists with drafting policy forms and endorsements to address emerging issues and risks associated with a changing legal and regulatory landscape.
Although his practice focuses on coverage issues, Steve also counsels reinsurers and cedents in disputes arising out of reinsurance arrangements. His experience also includes representing clients in contentious matters related to managing general agents, third-party administrators, producers, and books of business. In addition, he is a skilled negotiator with experience in both state and federal courts, and represents clients in international and domestic arbitration proceedings as well as in mediations.
Honors & Awards
Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating: AV Preeminent
New York Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2014¬–16
U.S. Reinsurance Under 40s Group
Admitted to Practice
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- Yeshiva University Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, J.D.
- Served as an editor of the Cardozo Law Review
- State University of New York at Binghamton, B.A., cum laude
- American Bar Association
- Loss Executives Association
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- Property and Liability Resource Bureau
- New York State Bar Association
- New York County Lawyers Association
- Re/Insurance Mediation Institute
Publications & Events
- “Four Years After Sandy, Storm Resilience Lags,” Risk Management
- “The Calm Before the Next Storm: What Insurance Leaders Should Know About Resiliency”
- “Policy Language or No, You Can’t Depreciate Labor,” Law360
- “Cooperation Clauses” (Co-Presenter), GIS Webinar, April 16, 2019