Teagan S. Allen
Teagan Allen is an experienced trial attorney, well-versed in personal injury, catastrophic damage, employment, and general liability matters. She focuses her practice on the unique needs of the trucking, transportation, and logistics industries, with an emphasis on app-based technologies, including mobility-on-demand and other lead generation services. Teagan serves in a leadership role as a vice chair of the firm’s Transportation group. In collaboration with the talented in-house counsel, attorneys, and claims professionals she works with on a regular basis, Teagan strives to think creatively in every matter, particularly those that involve complex factual and legal disputes. She works with clients from the onset of litigation through trial or settlement—coordinating the legal strategy; managing the litigation team; conducting expert witness evaluations, depositions, and discovery; and personally overseeing site inspections.
Teagan has represented clients across a wide range of industries and successfully defended technology companies, product manufacturers and distributors, restaurant and nightclub owners, as well as residential and commercial property managers in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. She has also served as counsel in catastrophic personal injury, wrongful death and survival, and professional malpractice matters.
Before entering private practice, Teagan served as a judicial fellow to the Hon. Mark I. Bernstein in the Court of Common Pleas, Commerce Division in Philadelphia. While there she drafted opinions, conducted in-depth legal research, and provided recommendations on preliminary objections and motions in cases involving commercial litigation and real property disputes. She also gained valuable, behind-the-bench insight into court proceedings, motion hearings, jury selection, discovery, and attorney conferences.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of an app-based technology company dismissing negligent infliction of emotional distress claims in a matter arising from a motor vehicle accident with a pedestrian fatality
- Dismissal of negligence claims against a construction company in a matter arising from a construction accident on the basis of failure to state a claim and failure to make proper service
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of an app-based technology company dismissing Respondeat Superior claims in a matter arising from an alleged intentional tort/assault and battery (Interlocutory Appeal denied)
- Dismissal of Respondeat Superior and negligent hiring, training, and supervision claims against an app-based technology company in the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey arising from a motor vehicle accident
- Dismissal of punitive damages claims with prejudice against on an app-based technology company in matter arising from an alleged assault and battery
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of an app-based technology company dismissing Respondeat Superior and UIM claims in a matter arising from a motor vehicle accident on the basis of the expiration of the Statute of Limitations, inapplicability of UIM insurance requirements upon an insured, and inapplicability of statutory provisions that post-dated the loss
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a flavoring manufacturer, dismissing negligence claims in a matter arising from alleged chemical exposure on the basis of plaintiff’s violation of the Statute of Limitations and the New Jersey Workers’ Compensation Act
Honors & Awards
New Jersey Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2020-22 (Thomson Reuters)
View peer-review methodologies at superlawyers.com. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- New Jersey
- New York
- Drexel University Thomas R. Kline School of Law, J.D., 2011
- Trinity College, B.A., 2006
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Special Olympics of New York, Volunteer
Publications & Events
- “Goldberg Segalla’s New Transportation Heads On Firm Growth,” Law360, March 25, 2022
- Mentioned in “Goldberg Segalla Elevates Seven NJ Attorneys to Partner,” NJBIZ, December 20, 2018
- “Personal Injury Evidence: Social Media, Smartphones, Experts, and Medical Records,” National Business Institute, December 15, 2016
- “Navigating Gender Inequality in the Workplace,” (Co-Presenter), GS Webinar Series, December 15, 2021
March 28, 2022
March 17, 2022
December 20, 2018