Terrence L. Mitchell
Terrence L. Mitchell counsels and defends the interests of clients facing employment and labor, civil rights, harassment, and discrimination claims. He regularly works with clients to prepare them for mediations and depositions for dispute resolution and litigation, and represents clients in both state and federal courts and in settlement negotiations. Terrence draws on experience researching employment and labor issues including discrimination, harassment, CEPA, FMLA, arbitration agreements, wage and hour, wage payment, and workers’ compensation, and drafting briefs, memos, pleadings and settlement analyses.
In addition to his experience in employment and labor law, Terrence has worked in sports and entertainment law, drafting and editing business contracts for athletes, trainers, sports commentators, recording artists, producers, and songwriters related to event and service agreements such as speaking engagements, movie productions, and book distribution deals.
Honors & Awards
- National Black Lawyers, Top 40 Under 40, New Jersey, 2021
- New Jersey
- Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law, J.D., 2018
- Black Law Students Association, Vice President
- Jeffrey S. Moorad Center for Sports Law, Student Fellow
- Rutgers University, B.S., 2014
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Garden State Bar Association
- Black Entertainment and Sports Law Association
Publications & Events
- “Spotting the Employment Claim for Your Personal Injury Cases,” New Jersey Association for Justice Boardwalk Rising Stars, 2022
- “Social Equity and Title VII,” West Chester University DPA Diversity Speaker Series