Thomas O’Grady is a highly experienced and skilled litigator who approaches litigation with both an aggressive and practical mindset—striving for optimal results while taking into account the client’s business objectives and efficiency concerns.
Tom’s first chair trial experience includes product liability and personal injury cases, as well as commercial and employment disputes. He has extensive experience with complex litigation including business/contract litigation, class action defense, intellectual property, product liability, and mass tort, and he handles a vast array of other matters including defense of professional liability/medical malpractice claims. Tom has skillfully defended attorneys, medical practitioners, and insurance brokers and agents in connection with significant E&O claims. In connection with complex litigation, he has overseen and coordinated large document reviews and productions, including electronically stored information (ESI).
Tom has also successfully defended class-action claims involving product liability as well as consumer protection statutes such as the New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act and the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA).
Tom strategically employs motion practice when necessary to advance client goals, and he has substantial appellate practice experience.
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Penn State Dickinson School of Law, J.D., 1994
- University of Scranton, B.S., cum laude, 1991
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Product Liability and Toxic Tort Section: Chair
- New Jersey Defense Association
- Princeton Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Jersey Battered Women’s Service: Team Leader
News & Knowledge
Publications & Events
- Co-Author, “Seller Beware: Dealership’s Failure to Disclose That Used Car Was a ‘Loaner’ Leads to Treble Damages and Attorney’s Fee Award,” The Defender, National Association of Dealer Counsel, April 2013
- “Multidistrict Litigation: What Is It, and What Can You Do About It?” DRI For the Defense, December 2010
- Presenter, “Attacking and Defending Expert Opinions,” New Jersey State Bar Association’s Product Liability Seminar: Back to Basics — Fundamentals of a Strong Product Liability Practice, March 30, 2016
- Presenter, “A Primer on Multi-County (Mass Tort) Litigation Practice and Procedures,” New Jersey State Bar Association 2014 Annual Meeting and Convention, Atlantic City, NJ, May 15, 2014
- Presenter, “Limits to Damages Recoverable In Loss of Consortium Claims,” NJ State Bar Association, Atlantic City, May 17, 2012
- Presenter, “Developments in Legal Malpractice Litigation,” NJ Institute of Continuing Legal Education