Thomas M. Montella
Thomas M. Montella focuses his practice on trucking, transportation, and general liability matters. Before joining Goldberg Segalla, he spent five years as an assistant district attorney in the Bronx County District Attorney’s Office, Public Integrity Bureau, where he conducted complex long-term investigations involving public officials, police officers, correction officers, and attorneys.
Thomas has held a variety of externships and internships, including an externship with the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of New York, Criminal Division, an internship with the New York State Attorney General’s Office, Organized Crime Task Force, and an externship with the New York County District Attorney’s Office, Major Economic Crimes Bureau.
- Conducted a year-long investigation into a high-ranking member of the New York Police Department, resulting in a six-month grand jury presentation and a three-week trial
- Conducted and presented a long-term investigation to the grand jury about heroin smuggling at Rikers Island, securing the indictment of a correction officer and two civilians
- Authored an appellate brief on a defendant’s excessive sentence claim and the defendant’s waiver of the right to appeal to the First Department
- New York
- John’s University School of Law, J.D., 2016
- Journal for Civil Rights and Economic Development: Staff Member
- Iona College, B.A., 2013