Victor Aqeel focuses his practice on the defense and counsel of insurance carriers, self-insured employers, and third-party administrators in complex workers’ compensation claims in New York and New Jersey. He has extensive experience representing clients in all aspects of workers’ compensation matters, from developing and implementing client-specific strategies, to preparing for and appearing before workers’ compensation boards, to negotiating favorable awards and settlements. Victor has also represented employers in the defense of suits involving alleged violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act, New York Labor Law, and New York State Human Rights Law.
Victor’s background includes personal injury, general litigation, and municipal law. He gained valuable experience as Assistant Corporation Counsel for the City of Poughkeepsie, NY, for five years, representing the City’s interests in various matters, including the defense of civil litigation claims and suits for personal injuries and property damage.
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- Pace University School of Law, J.D., 2012
- Fordham University, B.A., 2009
- Windermere Little League Baseball: Assistant Coach
Publications & Presentations
- “Strategies for Litigating Workers’ Compensation Cases,” National Business Institute, October 2021
- “Total Disability: Everything You Need to Know,” National Academy of Continuing Legal Education, May 2021