International Transactions, Litigation, and Regulation
Goldberg Segalla attorneys deeply understand the way new technologies and expanding international markets make it easier for successful businesses to operate beyond their earliest borders. We channel our team’s extensive international business and legal experience into helping clients navigate the host of legal risks and challenges that entering these global markets, full of shifting and overlapping sets of laws and regulations, can present.
Our capabilities in the international arena include:
- Antitrust and competition law
- Intellectual property
- Global Insurance Services
- Mergers and acquisitions
- International banking and financing
- International cyber risks and data breaches
- Joint ventures
- Commercial litigation, international arbitrations, and dispute resolution
- General corporate counsel and strategic planning
- International hospitality and retail ventures
- Employment, trade, import/export, and immigration issues
- International licensing, franchising, contracts, and litigation for sports and entertainment ventures
- International maritime law
The proficiency of our team in the international business arena stems largely from the extensive in-house experience several of our Corporate Services and Commercial Litigation attorneys have. As one example, a partner on our team spent nearly 20 years as assistant general counsel at a multibillion-dollar global leader in the food service and hospitality industry.
Our skilled practitioners from various practice groups work together to formulate sophisticated, cost-efficient representation and counsel on a wide array of cross-border transactions, as well as international and multinational commercial litigation. Our team takes pride in helping our clients achieve their global objectives while managing litigation costs, other legal expenses, and risk. Companies frequently call on us for counsel on day-to-day issues and assessment of potential business opportunities for hidden risks, regulatory concerns, or other unforeseen challenges.
We understand the unique legal and business challenges facing international companies in this industry, thanks to strong, long-standing relationships with firms in Europe and Asia and a core group of attorneys who appreciate the cultural sensitivities of international business. The language capabilities among our attorneys, which allow us to provide country-specific services, include Albanian, Arabic, Croatian, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Italian, Korean, Malayalam, Mandarin, Marathi, Norwegian, Portuguese, Punjabi, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Tamil, Thai, and Urdu. We are also active in — and recognized leaders within — international law professional organizations and bar associations.
- Representation of a Japanese life insurer in its acquisition of a U.S.-based, publicly traded, insurance holding company
- Acting as counsel to one of world’s largest designers of luxury handbags, shoes and apparel in connection with a $15 million equity investment by a multi-national Chinese conglomerate
- Acting as counsel to one of the world’s largest vodka producers, headquartered in Russia, in connection with a prepackaged plan of reorganization involving multiple exchange offers and other debt financing transactions
- Represented a Taiwanese semiconductor company in an international arbitration in Hong Kong
- Represented a Taiwanese manufacturer in a patent litigation involving USB technology at the International Trade Commission
- Lead counsel to a foreign national purchasing assets of an existing golf course and pro shop in Florida
- Assisting with sale of New York telecommunications company to a larger European competitor
- Obtained voluntary dismissal with prejudice in favor of a Japanese automotive component manufacturer sued in a product liability action involving a motor vehicle fatality
- Represented an Indian pharmaceutical company in a patent litigation involving a well-known cancer drug in the Southern District of Indiana
- Represented a Japanese auto manufacturer in a patent litigation involving car audio systems in the Eastern District of Texas
- Represented a Japanese auto manufacturer in a patent litigation involving coatings on pistons in a car engine in the Eastern District of Michigan
Showing 0 of 0 results