Goldberg Segalla Earns 29 National and Regional Rankings in 2020 “Best Law Firms” Survey
Goldberg Segalla has earned 29 national and regional rankings in the annual U.S. News—Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” survey for 2020. These include placement in National Tier 1 for Insurance Law as well as 14 Metropolitan Tier 1 rankings spanning New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Maryland, in practices including employment and labor, insurance coverage, personal injury litigation, product liability litigation, and commercial litigation.
NATIONAL AND REGIONAL LEADERSHIP IN INSURANCE LAW
The firm’s Global Insurance Services practice—noted by Law360 as one of the largest of its kind in the United States—earned a National Tier 1 placement for 2020, up from Tier 3 in 2019. Beyond its national recognition, the practice picked up eight regional placements in Buffalo, Rochester, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Chicago, Raleigh, Greensboro, and Miami.
RANKINGS SHOWCASE COMMERCIAL LITIGATION, CORPORATE SERVICES, AND EMPLOYMENT PRACTICES
The breadth, prominence, and diversity of the firm’s Corporate Services and Commercial Litigation practice, Construction practice, and Employment and Labor practice were showcased in the 2020 survey. Goldberg Segalla earned 10 metropolitan rankings in these area nationwide, spotlighting capabilities in sophisticated commercial litigation, labor law and negotiations, employment counseling and high-stakes employment-related litigation, construction litigation, and bankruptcy.
SPOTLIGHT ON FIRMWIDE LITIGATION CAPABILITIES
Goldberg Segalla is well known for its deep bench of elite litigators and leaders of the defense bar. Besides employment, construction, and commercial litigation, the firm also earned recognition this year for its prominence in personal injury litigation and product liability litigation, and aviation law, including seven metropolitan rankings in Buffalo, Rochester, Princeton, Hartford, and Baltimore.
2020 U.S. NEWS–BEST LAWYERS “BEST LAW FIRMS” RANKINGS
The 2020 survey included recognition for Goldberg Segalla in the following categories:
- Insurance Law—National (Tier 1); Buffalo, Rochester, Philadelphia (Tier 1); Chicago, Greensboro, Miami, Raleigh (Tier 2)
- Aviation Law—Buffalo (Tier 1)
- Corporate Law—Buffalo (Tier 3)
- Employment Law: Management—Buffalo (Tier 1)
- Labor Law: Management—Buffalo (Tier 1)
- Litigation: Commercial—White Plains (Tier 1); Syracuse (Tier 2); Raleigh (Tier 3)
- Litigation: Insurance—Baltimore, Buffalo (Tier 1)
- Personal Injury Litigation: Defendants—Buffalo, Rochester (Tier 1); Hartford, Princeton (Tier 3)
- Product Liability Litigation: Defendants—Buffalo, Princeton (Tier 1); Baltimore (Tier 2)
- Legal Malpractice Law: Defendants—Buffalo (Tier 2)
- Litigation: Construction—Buffalo (Tier 1)
- Bankruptcy and Creditor/Debtor Rights; Insolvency and Reorganization Law—Miami (Tier 3)
- Litigation: Labor and Employment—Buffalo (2); Albany (Tier 3)
The U.S. News—Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” rankings are based on a rigorous evaluation process that includes the collection of client and lawyer evaluations, peer review from leading attorneys in their field, and more. Clients provide feedback on firm practice groups and address responsiveness, understanding of a business and its needs, cost-effectiveness, civility, and whether they would refer another client to the firm.