Goldberg Segalla Earns 31 National and Regional Rankings in 2022 “Best Law Firms” Survey
Goldberg Segalla has earned 31 national and regional rankings in the annual U.S. News—Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” survey for 2022. These include placement in National Tier 1 for Insurance Law as well as fourteen Metropolitan Tier 1 rankings spanning New York, Florida, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey in practices including commercial litigation, employment and labor, insurance coverage, personal Injury litigation, and product liability litigation.
National and Regional Leadership in Insurance Law
The firm’s Global Insurance Services practice—noted by Law360 as one of the largest of its kind in the United States—earned a National Tier 1 placement as well as seven regional placements in Buffalo, Miami, Philadelphia, Rochester, Chicago, Raleigh, and Greensboro.
Rankings Showcase Commercial Litigation, Construction, and Employment Practices
The breadth, prominence, and diversity of the firm’s Commercial Litigation, Employment and Labor, and Construction practice groups were highlighted by the 2022 survey. Goldberg Segalla earned 13 metropolitan rankings in these areas nationwide, spotlighting capabilities in sophisticated commercial litigation, employment and labor law, high-stakes employment-related litigation, construction litigation, professional liability, and real estate.
Spotlight on Firmwide Litigation Capabilities
Goldberg Segalla is well known for its deep bench of elite litigators and leaders of the defense bar. In addition to employment, construction, and commercial litigation, the firm also earned recognition this year for its prominence in personal injury, product liability, insurance, and real estate litigation, achieving 17 metropolitan rankings in Albany, Buffalo, Hartford, Princeton, Raleigh, Rochester, Syracuse, and White Plains.
2022 U.S. NEWS—Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” Rankings
The 2022 survey included recognition for Goldberg Segalla in the following categories:
- Insurance Law—National (Tier 1); Buffalo, Rochester, Philadelphia, Miami (Tier 1); Chicago, Greensboro, Raleigh (Tier 2)
- Commercial Litigation—Buffalo, White Plains (Tier 1); Raleigh, Syracuse (Tier 3)
- Construction Law—Buffalo (Tier 2)
- Litigation: Construction—Buffalo (Tier 2)
- Employment Law: Management—Buffalo (Tier 2)
- Labor Law: Management—Buffalo (Tier 1)
- Litigation: Labor and Employment—Buffalo (Tier 1); Albany (Tier 3)
- Personal Injury Litigation: Defendants—Buffalo, New Jersey, Rochester (Tier 1); Hartford (Tier 2)
- Product Liability Litigation: Defendants—Buffalo, New Jersey, (Tier 1); Hartford, Rochester (Tier 3)
- Litigation: Insurance—Buffalo (Tier 1)
- Legal Malpractice Law: Defendants—Buffalo (Tier 2)
- Medical Malpractice Law: Defendants—Buffalo (Tier 3)
- Litigation: Real Estate—Buffalo (Tier 3)
- Health Care Law—New Jersey (Tier 3)
The U.S. News—Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” rankings are based on a rigorous evaluation process that includes the collection of client and lawyer evaluations, peer review from leading attorneys in their field, and more. Clients provide feedback on firm practice groups and address responsiveness, understanding of a business and its needs, cost-effectiveness, civility, and whether they would refer another client to the firm.