Goldberg Segalla’s Toxic Tort team has long defended manufacturers, distributors, contractors, and others involved in asbestos litigation throughout the east seaboard and Midwest. Now, because of client demand, we have expanded our presence to California with an experienced team of toxic tort litigators permanently in our firm’s Los Angeles office. These attorneys have a depth of asbestos and other toxic tort experience and are supported by our national asbestos trial team.
Albert K. Alikin | 213.415.7205 | email@example.com
- Has successfully represented auto parts retailers, plaster and drywall manufacturers, and public utilities companies in asbestos litigation
- Experienced litigator in the state and federal courts of California, with a successful track record including trials, arbitration, and settlement negotiations
- Widely respected insurance coverage attorney and litigator and author of articles, presentations, and compendium chapters on subjects including bad faith, unfair claims settlement practices, reservations of rights, conditional settlement demands, additional insureds, allocation, and issues unique to California courts
Lisa P. Gruen | 213.415.7215 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Veteran litigator and trial attorney with extensive experience in toxic tort, product liability, fire law, and premises liability, as well as professional liability, medical devices, and construction defect
- Clients include national and international manufacturers, distributors, and service companies in claims involving catastrophic personal injury and property damage
- Jury trial experience includes representing clients in venues throughout Central and Southern California
- Former chair of DRI Fire Science and Litigation Specialized Litigation Group; member of DRI Steering Committee and Products Liability Committee
Elizabeth M. Conn | 213.415.7220 | email@example.com
- Six years of experience representing Fortune 500 companies in asbestos litigation, handling asbestos cases from inception through trial verdict
- Clients include Fortune 500 companies and some of the world’s most recognizable automobile and truck manufacturers
- Exceptionally deep experience litigating asbestos matters focusing on friction products including chrysotile, and working closely with major companies’ national settlement counsel and discovery counsel, as well as expert witnesses
- Representative matters include taking to verdict a trial involving stand-by exposure to an asbestos mine located outside Coalinga, California, and representing a major railway company in multiple Federal Employers Liability Act (FELA) asbestos matters involving both chrysotile and crocidolite exposure
Brian W. Skalsky | 213.415.7218 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Extensive experience handling toxic tort matters, including defending property owners and property-management companies in landlord-tenant disputes involving habitability, including mold and lead paint claims
- Experience includes all stages of litigation, including mediation and arbitration
- Previous experience as a litigation consultant advising on cases involving mold, lead, and asbestos
These attorneys join a coast-to-coast team of over 60 experienced toxic tort and environmental lawyers, including our national toxic tort trial team. With the ability to defend cases and advise clients across our national footprint, we’ve built a reputation for precedent-setting victories over aggressive plaintiff lawyers in some of the country’s toughest judicial jurisdictions — but also for developing cost-effective litigation management strategies to meet each client’s goals.
The firm’s Los Angeles and Orange County offices are also home to attorneys practicing across Southern and Northern California and serving clients across the country and the world. Goldberg Segalla’s West Coast team represents the entire spectrum of the full-service firm’s capabilities, and includes experienced attorneys from our Global Insurance Services, Management and Professional Liability, Employment and Labor, General Liability, Product Liability, Sports and Entertainment, Corporate Services and Commercial Litigation, and Workers’ Compensation practices.