“Minimizing OSHA Liability: More Than an Ounce of Protection,” Modern Contractor Solutions
In a new article for Modern Contractor Solutions, Goldberg Segalla partner Michael Rubin explains ways that employers can minimize the risks of OSHA penalties — which increase significantly for “repeat” or “willful” offenders — while providing the safest possible workplace for employees.
Mike details steps for maximum protection, which include:
- Performing self-inspections
- Implementing a health and safety program
- Maintaining constant preparedness for OSHA inspections
- Keeping management aware of employer rights during inspections
- Evaluating potential defenses to citations.
“[W]hen it comes to OSHA,” Mike writes, “it is of critical importance to provide for more than ‘an ounce of prevention.’ By seeking to incorporate the above strategies, the dual purposes of promoting safety and minimizing exposure will be served, all to your benefit and the benefit of your employees.”
Mike serves as chair of the firm’s OSHA and Worksite Safety Practice Group.
Read the article:
- “Minimizing OSHA Liability: More Than an Ounce of Protection,” Modern Contractor Solutions, September 2017