Alexander E. Davis
Alexander E. Davis is an accomplished litigator who focuses his practice on counseling and defending clients in complex insurance coverage and bad faith matters. Alex advises national insurers and other clients about property, casualty, commercial general liability, professional liability, and other policies. He routinely represents clients in declaratory judgment actions to determine coverage under insurance policies and other contracts, as well as in bad faith claims and other contractual and extra contractual claims. He also counsels clients in alternative dispute resolution proceedings, including mediations and arbitrations.
In addition to his insurance practice, Alex has more than 10 years of experience representing clients in a variety of general liability and commercial tort claims, including personal injury, product liability, and premises liability actions. He also has extensive experience in construction litigation, representing design professionals, contractors, subcontractors, and developers in complex claims, as well as providing non-litigation support and advice. He has successfully litigated cases at all levels of state trial and appellate courts, as well as in federal trial and appellate courts.
Alex is an active member of the Claims and Litigation Management Alliance and the Defense Research Institute. He has also written numerous legal articles and routinely makes presentations to clients and insurers on issues facing the insurance and construction industries.
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- University of South Carolina School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2011
- Order of the Coif
- Order of the Wig and Robe
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award: Trial Advocacy
- South Carolina Law Review
- Wake Forest University, B.A., 2008
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- Defense Research Institute
- North Carolina Bar
- South Carolina Bar
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys Association