Aviva E.A. Zierler counsels and defends property and business owners, developers, general contractors, subcontractors, and engineers in a range of legal matters, including negotiating and drafting contracts, and defending claims involving construction defect, performance, delay, and property damage. Aviva has also litigated or resolved matters concerning commercial leases, enforcement of contracts and judgments, employment disputes, and breach of restrictive covenants and confidentiality provisions, effectively securing injunctive relief for her clients. She draws on her recent experience as liaison to outside counsel for a national infrastructure construction company in multi-million-dollar federal litigation arising from engineering and construction services contracts in two markets for a major telecommunications company. In that role, she also managed e-Discovery for in-house counsel. Aviva handles all aspects of litigation and dispute resolution.
Before entering private practice, Aviva served as a law clerk to the Hon. Paul J. Vichness, J.S.C., of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Law Division.
Honors & Awards
Maryland Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2013-20
Washington D.C. Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2013-20
- New Jersey
- Washington, D.C.
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law, J.D., 2007
- Temple International & Comparative Law Journal, Editorial Staff
- Ford Foundation Fellowship recipient
- New York University, College of Arts and Science, B.A., cum laude, 2002
- District of Columbia Bar