Charles A. Lazo
Charles Lazo focuses his practice on representing a wide variety of businesses, insurers, professionals, and other clients in employment practices liability and other types of employment-related litigation. His practice involves defending employers against discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and wage and hour claims in state and federal courts. He also routinely negotiates collective bargaining agreements and handles National Labor Relations Board charges and union arbitrations. In addition to litigation, he regularly counsels employers with respect to employment agreements, employee handbooks, and employment policies and procedures.
Charles draws on more than four years of experience as an insurance claims specialist for Nationwide Insurance Company, where he represented a wide range of business partners in employment practices liability and directors and officers insurance policies. His background also includes serving as a fellow in the Office of the General Counsel for the MTA Metro-North Railroad, where he assisted in-house counsel with labor and employment and commercial litigation matters.
During law school, Charles gained experience as an extern with the National Labor Relations Board and as a law clerk with various employment law firms. Prior to pursuing his law degree, he maintained and enforced collective bargaining agreements as a union representative with Mandarin Oriental New York.
- New York
- New Jersey
- St. John’s University School of Law, J.D., 2016
- American Bankruptcy Institute Law Review: Associate Managing Editor
- Excellence in Labor and Employment Law Scholarship
- Labor Relations and Employment Law Society: Co-Vice President
- LexisNexis: Student Representative
- Fordham University, Gabelli School of Business, B.S., cum laude, 2012
Publications & Events
- “An Oversecured Creditor’s Post-Petition Attorneys’ Fees: Determined by Federal Law or State Law?” American Bankruptcy Institute Law Review, 2015
March 9, 2022
February 18, 2022
February 10, 2022
November 23, 2021
September 1, 2021
July 8, 2021