Jacqueline N. Roman is an experienced litigator representing a range of clients in business and commercial matters, including high-value real estate and complex commercial disputes involving breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, and fraud, as well as complex title litigation. Managing matters from inception through resolution, Jacqueline regularly appears in state and federal court and in arbitration before AAA and JAMS. Jacqueline’s experience also includes defending high-exposure labor law and premises liability matters, and acting as general counsel to condominium and cooperative boards in New York City.
Jacqueline also draws on experience as a judicial law clerk for the Hon. Franklin U. Valderrama of the Circuit Court of Cook County, Chancery Division, where she prepared numerous bench memoranda and published memorandum opinions on issues including class actions, breach of fiduciary duty, contract interpretation, statutory interpretation, and administrative review.
- New York
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D., 2015
- Silver Pro Bono Award, Completed 452 hours of pro bono work
- Boston College, B.A., 2012
- Pets Are Wonderful Support (PAWS NY), Volunteer, 2016 to present
News & Knowledge
Publications & Events
- “NYC Building Compliance and Understanding NYC Local Law 97,” New York County Lawyers Association, January 24, 2024