Lauren M. Banton
Lauren M. Banton focuses her practice on the defense of professional liability matters spanning a wide range of industries. She regularly handles litigation from inception through trial or settlement; conducts legal research and analysis of insurance policy provisions; and collaborates with insureds, insurers, and insurance adjusters regarding file analysis, assessment of settlement value, and defense or resolution strategy. Her insurance coverage experience includes preparing coverage opinions on professional liability, commercial general liability, homeowner, and automobile polices.
Prior to entering private practice, Lauren gained experience as a law clerk to the Hon. Steve C. Tolliver in the Montgomery County Court of Common Pleas. While at law school, Lauren gained experience in internships with the Hon. Darnell Jones in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, the School District of Philadelphia Office of General Counsel, and the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA) Litigation Department Tort Litigation & Trial Practice. She also volunteered for the Pennsylvania Innocence Project and the Bureau of Consumer Protection at the Pennsylvania Office of the Attorney General.
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D., 2013
- Temple University, B.A., 2009
- The Women Lawyers Division of the National Bar Association
- Executive Committee, Vice President, 2019-20
- Executive Committee, Secretary, 2018-19
- Barrister’s Association of Philadelphia
- Pennsylvania Association of Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association