Matthew D. Gumaer
Matthew D. Gumaer has over two decades of business and commercial experience including representing clients in contract negotiations and disputes, assisting in the management of difficult on-going construction projects, and handling construction, insurance and intellectual property disputes. He has defended architects, engineers, surveyors, attorneys, accountants, and other professionals across a broad range of matters including construction, claims coverage, professional liability, and wrongful death litigation.
Over the past 20 years, Matt has managed all aspects of construction-related matters handling issues from contract negotiation through project closeout, as well as worksite injury claims. He also has experience overseeing a variety of complex and catastrophic claims involving products liability, toxic torts, and commercial litigation. Matt is a frequent speaker to architects and design professionals on risk management, contract review, and project management from a legal perspective.
Honors & Awards
New York Super Lawyers, 2012–18
- New York
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Western, Northern, and Southern Districts of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- Boston University School of Law, J.D., 1995
- Colgate University, B.S., 1992
- New York State Bar Association
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- Town of Geddes Recreational Youth Basketball League: Coach
Publications & Events
- “Design-Build Project Delivery: Solving Problems Associated with Traditional Project Delivery (and Potentially Creating Others),” GS Webinar Series, February 23, 2022