Petar K. Vanjak
Petar K. Vanjak focuses his practice on the defense of manufacturers, design professionals, and insurance carriers in various domestic and foreign venues. He has defended a wide range of product liability, professional liability, and catastrophic injury cases, including cases involving power plants, industrial machinery, boats and boat components, motor vehicles, mobile phones, exercise equipment, outdoor power equipment, gas grills, household appliances, various consumer goods, and fire cases. Petar’s experience also includes serving as outside general counsel to companies that provide engineering, analysis, and management solutions for the aerospace, defense, and intelligence communities. He has assisted company officers with various aspects of aerospace and defense contracts, regulatory compliance, employment matters, restructuring initiatives, purchase and sale agreements, and various other commercial and corporate matters.
As a law student, Petar participated in an international internship program, where he presented at comparative law conferences on common and civil law legal systems for the President of the Zadar Municipal Court in Croatia.
Before entering the legal profession, Petar spent several years in the United States Navy as a Fleet Marine Force (FMF) Hospital Corpsman in the 2nd Marine Division. As an FMF Corpsman, Petar administered combat trauma care, performed routine sick call and diagnostic patient care, and instructed Marines on combat trauma treatment and triage procedures.
- Successfully represented a software developer involving professional liability and breach of contract claims in federal court
- Successfully represented a client in an arbitration involving a highly complex engineering, procurement, construction, and commissioning (EPCC) contract for an electric power plant
- Successfully represented engineers involved in a professional negligence claim in connection with the construction of an ethanol production plant in Canada
Honors & Awards
New York Metro Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2017
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- Pace University School of Law, J.D., International Law Certificate, 2006
- Hunter College, B.S., cum laude, 2003