Robert J. Hafner
Robert J. Hafner is nationally recognized for his defense of leading manufacturers across a variety of industries facing complex and high-value torts. Bob concentrates his practice on defending manufacturers of consumer electronics, medical devices, agricultural and industrial equipment, and medium to heavy-duty trucks and tractors. He currently serves as national product liability counsel for one of the world’s leading manufacturers of electronic and information technology products for the consumer and professional markets. He also serves as regional toxic tort claims counsel for one of the country’s largest truck manufacturers, with responsibility for New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania.
From 1985–88, Bob served as a law clerk for the Hon. E. Mac Troutman in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Courts for the Easter, Middle, and Western Districts of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the First and Third Circuits
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D., 1985
- University of Scranton, B.A. and M.A., magna cum laude, 1982
- Philadelphia County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Defense Institute
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- The Federalist Society — Philadelphia and National Chapters