Rowena P. Lizin is an accomplished attorney who concentrates her practice on complex civil litigation matters, focusing on the retail and hospitality industries. Throughout the course of her career, Rowena has represented a wide range of clients in all aspects of litigation including mediation, arbitration, trial and appeal. An experienced trial lawyer, she has successfully argued dispositive motions in state and federal court, and mediated hundreds of cases to reduce costs and exposures for those she has represented. Rowena’s clients have included retailers, construction companies, vehicle manufacturers, restaurants, technology companies, colleges and universities, as well as commercial and residential property owners. She also has significant experience in premises liability, product liability, general liability, toxic tort and employment.
Rowena’s extensive legal background includes defending clients in complex matters often involving multimillion-dollar claims related to construction site incidents, catastrophic injuries, wrongful death, breach of contract, wrongful termination and discrimination. She also has defended and advised technology companies in the ridesharing and crowdsourcing industries, representing them in cases involving automobile accidents and catastrophic injuries.
While in law school, Rowena interned for the Katharine and George Alexander Community Law Center, where she focused on labor and employment, and workers’ rights. While serving her internship, she made her mark, obtaining at the time the center’s most significant settlement.
Rowena devotes a substantial amount of her time to volunteer activities aimed at promoting the successful development of young women of diverse backgrounds.
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Northern Districts of California
- Santa Clara University School of Law, J.D., 2005
- Moot Court Board, Problem Committee
- The Advocate, Staff Writer
- Barry University, B.S., summa cum laude, 2000
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- San Francisco Bar Association
- Queen’s Bench Bar Association
- Girls, Inc.
News & Knowledge
Publications & Events
- “Effective Contract Management During COVID-19,” (Co-presenter), Hotel and Event Planning, February 2021