Alissa M. Cheremont maintains a focus on workers’ compensation matters, serving employers, insurers, and third-party administrators. She handles all aspects of the claims process from beginning to end, including mediations, depositions, hearings, trials, and appeals. Alissa draws on her background as an assistant state attorney in Florida’s Ninth Judicial Circuit State Attorney’s Office, where she prosecuted criminal misdemeanor cases. During law school, Alissa gained experience reviewing and preparing documents for courtroom use as a legal intern in the Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office as well as the Montgomery County Public Defender’s Office in Montgomery County, Maryland. In law school, she was awarded the Andrew E. Taslitz Award for criminal justice.
- American University Washington College of Law, J.D., 2022
- Business Law Society, Vice President
- American University Washington College of Law Clinical Program, Student Attorney
- American University International Law Review
- University of Central Florida, B.S., 2019