G. Calvin Awkward III
Calvin Awkward III is an experienced litigator who defends clients in a wide range of matters involving construction, transportation, personal injury, property damage, and related insurance coverage issues. He coordinates rapid response investigations into accidents involving catastrophic personal injuries and/or property damage. He also counsels builders and contractors in a wide variety of matters including construction defect litigation and risk-management.
Prior to entering private practice, Calvin spent two years as a clerk for the Hon. John H. Tisdale and the Hon. Theresa M. Adams in the Circuit Court of Frederick County, Maryland. During law school, Calvin served as a student attorney in the Community Legal Practice Center Clinic, providing legal services to low-income individuals in Rockbridge County, Virginia.
Honors & Awards
The National Black Lawyers Top 100 – Maryland, 2020
Maryland Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2019
- Washington, D.C.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- Washington and Lee University School of Law, J.D., 2009
- Washington and Lee University, B.A., 2006
- Defense Research Institute
- Diversity Committee
- Construction Law Committee
- Bar Association of Frederick County
- District of Columbia Bar Association Bar
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar Association
- Washington and Lee University Alumni Association
- Class Agent/Reunion Co-Chair for the Law Class of 2009
- Reunion Committee for the Class of 2006
- Washington and Lee University Law School Young Alumni Board
- Williams School of Commerce Young Alumni Board