Jamie K. McAleavey
Jamie K. McAleavey is an experienced and versatile attorney with nearly a decade of experience defending clients in product liability, construction accident and defect, broker malpractice, oil spill, lead paint exposure, automotive, wrongful death, subrogation, and premises liability matters with multimillion-dollar exposures. Skilled in all aspects of case management and litigation, from site inspections and research through witness deposition, developing litigation strategy, and motion practice, Jamie has also been successful in leading numerous settlement negotiations to favorable resolutions, both in court and in private mediation. He is also experienced in contract interpretation, risk management, arbitration, and appellate practice. His experience in insurance matters includes first- and third-party actions as well as coverage actions.
Through various internships, while attending law school, Jamie gained experience in intelligence gathering and risk management for multinational corporations as well as in medical malpractice litigation.
- New York
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- New York Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2008
- Fellow for International Law; Criminal Law Clinic Student with the Legal Aid Society
- Washington College, B.A., cum laude, 2005
Publications & Events
- Co-Author, “Analysis of a Fire Damage Claim,” Your NY Connection Magazine, Summer 2016
- Co-Author, “Firefighter’s Rule a Strong, But Not Airtight, Defense for Municipalities,” New York Law Journal, September 26, 2012