Matthew H. Feinberg
Matthew H. Feinberg counsels and defends corporate officers, attorneys, stockbrokers, accountants, designers, and other industry professionals in a range of professional liability matters. He draws on years of litigation experience in professional liability defense, including directors and officers (D&O), as well as commercial litigation, premises liability, construction defects, business torts, criminal defense, personal injury, and New York Labor Law. Matthew’s practice also encompasses emerging technologies, blockchain, cryptocurrency, Web3, and NFT matters.
Matthew is a member of the New York State Bar Association’s Task Force on Emerging Digital Finance and Currency, where he studies and evaluates the legal issues and questions surrounding the expansion and regulation of the digital finance and digital currency industries in New York State, including the development of best practices for attorneys representing clients on matters in these areas, and the proposal of law and policy recommendations to the relevant regulatory bodies.
Before entering private practice, Matthew was an assistant attorney general in the Office of the New York State Attorney General and Associate Counsel with the Legal Aid Society of Westchester County.
- New York
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- University of Massachusetts School of Law, J.D. 2013
- Manhattanville College, M.A., 2008
- Arizona State University, B.A., 2004
- New York State Bar Association, Task Force on Emerging Digital Finance and Currency
- Co-Chair, 2023
- Center for College and Careers, The Guidance Center of Westchester, Advisory Board Member
Publications & Events
- “Deep Dive Into the Metaverse and Web3: The First Global Law Symposium,” New York University, April 28, 2023
- “NFT NYC 2023,” 2023
- “Web3 and the Metaverse: Preparing Your Practice and Clients for the Newest Digital Revolution,” New York University, 2022
- “Web3Summit,” Miami, 2022
April 17, 2023