Matthew T. Austin
Matthew T. Austin is an experienced workers’ compensation attorney whose practice focuses on defending the interests of insurance companies, employers, self-insured employers, and third-party administrators in matters subject to New York State’s Workers’ Compensation Law, and before the New York State Workers’ Compensation Board. Matt’s wide-ranging practice also includes experience in family and matrimonial law, employment law, and criminal matters.
As a law student, Matt served as a law clerk with the New York Farm Bureau, as a law intern with the Albany Law School Law Clinic and Justice Center, and as a Legal Aide with the Office of the Attorney General in Albany. He has also written on legal issues for The Daily Record for several years.
- New York
- Albany Law School, J.D., 2010
- Chapter of the Federalist Society: President; Board of Directors for the Capitol Region Lawyers Chapter
- State University of New York at Geneseo, B.A., 2005
- Rochester Lawyers Chapter of the Federalist Society for Law and Public Policy
- Monroe County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Volunteer Legal Services Project of Monroe County
- National Alliance of Medicare Set Aside Professionals (NAMSAP)
Publications & Events
- Author, “Taking it Easy with Easements,” Grassroots, October 2009
- Author, “Forgot to Pay Your Taxes? No Problem!” Grassroots, August 2009