Michael J. Rigelsky is an experienced litigator and counselor to a variety of publicly-traded and private companies and insurance carriers involving construction, product liability, commercial litigation, general liability, and trucking and transportation matters in state and federal courts throughout Florida. He focuses much of his practice on matters involving defense of defect claims, wrongful death, severe personal injury, premises liability, and complex commercial disputes. His experience also includes negotiating a variety of contracts and contract disputes, technology, licensing, fraud, employee and privacy matters, protection of confidential corporate information, nondisclosure agreements, professional and medical liability and malpractice, construction, and condominium law.
Prior to joining the firm, Michael worked as national coordinating discovery counsel for a major transportation products manufacturer and as in-house counsel for a telecommunications data company. Michael also served as a law clerk for the Honorable Maria M. Cabret of the Superior Court of the United States Virgin Islands.
- Obtained a unanimous defense jury verdict on behalf of an industrial manufacturer in a significant injury case
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a national retailer in a premises liability case
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of a vacation resort property in a significant injury claim case
Honors & Awards
Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2010, 2012–14
- U.S. District Courts for the Middle, Northern, and Southern Districts of Florida
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio
- The George Washington University School of Law, J.D., with honors, 2004
- Georgetown University, B.A., cum laude, 2001
News & Knowledge
January 26, 2021
January 25, 2021