Patrick D. Skory
Patrick D. Skory focuses his practice on counseling insurers, employers, and third-party administrators in complex workers’ compensation claims throughout New York. He has extensive experience litigating cases before the New York State Workers’ Compensation Board at hearings, depositions, oral arguments, trials, and other proceedings. He is also experienced in drafting and negotiating favorable settlements for his clients.
Before joining Goldberg Segalla, Patrick worked as a director and senior litigation attorney in the workers’ compensation department of a top regional New York law firm. He also gained experience as a contract attorney working for one of the Big Four accounting firms in international corporate due diligence, legal and regulatory integrity compliance, and forensic integrity eDiscovery, where he conducted in-depth investigations and prepared reports to assist the firm’s clients in managing corporate fraud, anti-trust, financial irregularity, bribery, foreign corrupt practices, terrorism, government sanctions, cyber security, and other risks associated with transactions.
Honors & Awards
- Marquis Who’s Who Top Lawyers in America
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Western Michigan University Thomas M. Cooley Law School, J.D., 2010
- American Bar Association, Law Student Division
- Entertainment Law Society
- Thomas Aquinas College, B.S., cum laude, 2005
- Pi Gamma Mu International Honor Society
- Alpha Chi National Honor Society
- National Dean’s List Honor Society
- New York State Bar Association
- Rockland County Bar Association