Roman S. Smith counsels and defends clients in a range of complex civil litigation matters with a particular focus on the trucking and transportation industry. He works closely with clients to represent their interests from the inception of litigation through settlement negotiation and trial preparation. Roman draws on a background advising clients and developing customized litigation and discovery strategies for general liability, insurance defense, personal injury, gig economy, and mass tort matters.
While attending law school, Roman worked as a judicial extern for the Hon. Allison Claire of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California. He also gained experience working as a law clerk, serving clients engaged in employment and civil rights cases.
- Pepperdine University School of Law, J.D. 2019
- Journal of Business, Entrepreneurship, and the Law: Business Editor
- Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution: Certificate in Dispute Resolution
- Cipolla Closing Argument Competition: First Place
- Honors Trial Team: Executive Board Member
- Student Bar Association: Class Representative
- California State University, Sacramento, B.A., magna cum laude, 2016
- Association of Defense Counsel