Thais E. Rodriguez
Thais E. Rodriguez focuses her practice on counseling and defending clients in a variety of workers’ compensation claims. She has experience litigating all types of workers’ compensation cases before the New York State Workers’ Compensation Board, as well as negotiating and preparing settlement agreements. She handles all aspects of workers’ compensation litigation, involving depositions, trials, drafting and submitting appeals, and other court or board correspondence.
Following law school, Thais held judicial clerkships in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Family Division, and in the Michigan Court of Appeals. As a research attorney and later a clerk for the Honorable Cynthia Stephens, she drafted both unpublished and published orders, memoranda on various complex legal issues raised by appellants, and opinions, including majority, concurrence, and dissent.
Honors & Awards
Hispanic National Fund Foundation 2009 Law Fellow
Frank Murphy Honor Society
Admitted to Practice
- New York
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2010
- Detroit Mercy Law Review: Title Editor
- Legal Research and Writing: Teaching Assistant
- Fairfield University, B.S., with honors, 2007
- New York Bar Association
- Latino Lawyers Association of Queens County
- Injured Workers’ Bar Association