Thomas M. Crino
Thomas M. Crino concentrates his practice on the defense of complex personal injury and wrongful death claims, commercial litigation and contract disputes, property damage recovery (particularly, damage to the underground facilities of utilities), commercial real estate, and guardianship matters. He has more than two decades of experience representing Fortune 50 companies, corporations, insurers, and individuals in both state and federal courts, in all aspects of litigation, including trials and appeals.
A graduate of Stockton University and Seton Hall University School of Law, Tom is also a fellow of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) Trial College (2010), held on the campus of Princeton University.
Tom volunteers as a mediator for the Superior Court of New Jersey, Somerset County, Special Civil Part, and is often appointed to serve as the attorney for the alleged mentally incapacitated person in Guardianship proceedings. His background also includes serving on the South Plainfield Zoning Board and the South Plainfield Environmental Commission.
Tom has extensive experience in all aspects of litigation, including trials and appeals, and has conducted hundreds of depositions, been involved in thousands of settlement negotiations, and has obtained summary judgment in a multitude of cases, thereby saving the client significant litigation expenses. He prides himself on his ability to effectively represent his clients in a proactive, efficient, and cost-effective manner while keeping his clients fully informed on all aspects of their cases.
Representative matters include:
- Settled a wrongful death action involving the electrocution of a utility worker
- Settled a wrongful death action stemming from an automobile accident involving a pedestrian
- Represented client in a negligence action arising out of a trucking accident on the New Jersey Turnpike
- Represented client in a negligence action involving an accident that resulted in a traumatic brain injury and paraplegia
- Represented client in a slip and fall action in a commercial building involving serious injuries
- Settled a negligence action involving damage to property and underground facilities belonging to a utility
- Represented client in a commercial lease dispute involving the option to purchase the property
- Represented multiple clients in guardianship matters
Honors & Awards
Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating: AV Preeminent
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 1996
- Seton Hall Legislative Law Journal
- Stockton University, B.A., 1993
- New Jersey Defense Association
- Guardianship Association of NJ, Inc.
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
- South Plainfield Zoning Board, 2008
- South Plainfield Environmental Commission, 2007