Valerie Mayzelshteyn focuses her practice on workers’ compensation defense. She represents insurers, employers, and third-party administrators in all aspects of workers’ compensation claims from inception through resolution, including depositions, settlement negotiations, mediations, and preparation of petitions and motions. Valerie draws on a background in employment litigation, where she handled matters involving discrimination, retaliation, sexual harassment, wrongful termination, and whistleblower claims.
While attending law school, Valerie immersed herself in civil litigation by serving as a judicial intern to the Hon. Ana C. Viscomi of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Civil Division. She conducted legal research for ongoing cases, drafted memoranda, and observed proceedings in a variety of civil matters. After graduating, Valerie served as a judicial law clerk to the Hon. Daniel H. Brown in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Family Division, where she drafted orders and managed the motion calendar for the family maintenance docket.
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 2020
- Seton Hall Family Law Clinic, 2020
- Rutgers University School of Arts and Sciences, B.A., magna cum laude, 2017
- School of Arts and Sciences Academic Excellence Award Recipient
- English Departmental Honors Recognition
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Monmouth County Bar Association