Bankruptcy, Restructuring, and Creditors' Rights
Goldberg Segalla’s Corporate Services and Commercial Litigation attorneys have broad restructuring and litigation experience as well as a comprehensive knowledge of state debtor-creditor laws and federal bankruptcy law. We counsel creditors, trustees, official and ad hoc committees of creditors, corporate debtors, purchasers of distressed assets, financial institutions, manufacturers, developers, retailers, mechanics’ lien claimants, and judgment creditors in all aspects of federal bankruptcy, receiverships, insolvency, state law assignment for the benefit of creditors, and collection law.
Businesses rely on Goldberg Segalla to restructure their debts or maximize their recoveries through plans of reorganization, asset sales, and the collection of commercial debts at every stage. We routinely represent creditors and debtors in contract negotiations, workouts, guaranty litigation, judgment enforcement, and commercial foreclosures.
Our experience includes:
- Protecting and defending creditors’ rights in all aspects of Chapter 7, 11, 12, and 13 bankruptcy proceedings involving a variety of industries, including aviation, real estate, hospitality, transportation, health care, manufacturing, residential and commercial construction, and entertainment
- Representing debtors, creditors committees, trustees, assignees of assets, and other constituencies in reorganizations, liquidations, and purchases of assets
- Prosecuting creditor claims for fraud, misappropriation, and in cases involving Ponzi schemes
- Representing receivers in state and federal courts as general and special litigation counsel
- Defending accountants, attorneys, business consultants, and other professional service providers in adversary proceedings brought by trustees, receivers, debtors, and others
- Negotiating and drafting initial credit facilities and other collateralized lending designed to minimize credit risks and maximize recovery prospects in the event of default
- Loan workouts for both borrowers and lenders, and prosecuting related collection actions
- Defending and prosecuting preference and fraudulent transfer claims
Our bankruptcy practitioners often collaborate with other Goldberg Segalla attorneys in corporate, litigation, health care, entertainment, real estate, and capital markets to protect our clients’ interests.
Showing 0 of 0 results
February 22, 2018