Asha V. Edwards focuses her practice on workers’ compensation defense, specifically involving construction cases. Her background includes insurance coverage litigation, and she has extensive experience reviewing coverage documents—including policy paperwork—and preparing regulatory and compliance reports.
She is an experienced trial lawyer who has successfully tried cases involving compensability and insurance fraud. Asha has also litigated intellectual property claims and prosecuting trademarks within the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Asha is also a member of Goldberg Segalla’s Diversity Task Force, which strives to conceptualize and implement diversity-focused programs and give diversity a voice in our decision-making at the highest level. The individuals on this task force share the firm’s strong commitment to increasing diversity, and they use their unique experiences and backgrounds to support and advance that goal.
- New Jersey
- New York
- Hofstra University School of Law, 2010
- Hofstra Intellectual Property Association: Networking and Alumni Executive Officer
- Bernard Baruch College, B.A., magna cum laude, 2006
- National Association of Black Women in Construction
- National African American Insurance Association (NAAIA)
- Piano Teacher at Kathryn Brickell Music School