Brady A. Yntema
Brady A. Yntema is a skilled litigator with over 20 years of experience representing clients in the defense of complex claims involving toxic tort, occupational hazards, construction, environmental pollution, trucking and transportation, and intellectual property. Brady has dedicated much of his legal career to representing national and international insurance companies in a broad range of complex coverage and extra-contractual litigation. Over the course of his career, Brady has also handled a substantial number of catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death cases, and he has served as lead trial counsel in state and federal courts throughout North Carolina.
Following law school, Brady served as a judicial clerk to the Honorable Catharine R. Aron in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of North Carolina.
Brady’s background in the field of environmental law is extensive, with work involving the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA), underground storage tanks (USTs), the Clean Air Act, indoor environmental issues (asbestos, lead, and mold), OSHA, and environmental insurance coverage disputes. He has considerable experience litigating environmental matters in both state and federal courts as well as in administrative proceedings.
Brady has extensive experience advising and representing insurers on issues arising from large-scale commercial fires and arson, and defends insurers in disputes involving business interruption claims, including those arising out of the causal relationship between property damage and loss of business income.
Brady’s practice also includes counseling businesses, insurers, and their insureds in bankruptcy matters, and he has been involved in both the prosecution and defense of claims in bankruptcy court. His work in this area extends to the representation of clients in significant adversary proceedings alleging breach of contract and fraud.
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Middle, Western, and Eastern Districts of North Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- University of Dayton School of Law, J.D., 1998
- Elon College, B.S., 1995, cum laude, Omicron Delta Kappa
Certifications and Trainings
- Department of Labor OSHA-10 Construction Training
- Greensboro Bar Association
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys
- Sanctuary House
- President, Board of Directors, 2011–13 10
- Leadership Greensboro
- United Way of Greater Greensboro
- Goal Area Council, 2003 to present
Publications & Events
- “Conditional Settlement Demands: Defusing Third-Parties’ Tactics,” PLRB Claims Conference & Insurance Expo, Indianapolis, IN, March 31-April 3, 2019
- “Spoliation in the Era of Technology,” North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys’ (NCADA) 2017 Fall Seminar, Greensboro, NC, September 29, 2017
- “Litigation Management and E-Discovery in Insurance Law,” North Carolina Bar Association – Insurance Law Section Annual Meeting, Cary, NC April 7, 2017
- “The ALI’s Restatement of the Law of Liability Insurance and the Impact of the Restatement on the North Carolina Insurance Law Practitioner” (Co-Presenter), North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys Winter Conference, Durham, NC, January 27, 2017
- “Policy and Legal Aspects of Automated Vehicles,” The North Carolina Automated Vehicle Roadmap Development Workshop, Raleigh, NC, February 23, 2016
Upcoming Webinar: November 12, 2019
March 9, 2015
February 2, 2015
May 5, 2009