David E. Rutkowski
David E. Rutkowski defends clients against personal injury and wrongful death claims in toxic tort, environmental, product liability, and mass tort litigation in state and federal trial courts. His toxic tort experience includes defending cases involving alleged exposures to asbestos, Legionella bacteria, benzene, and salmonella, among other toxins. His clients include product manufacturers, premises owners, lessees, restaurants, and food and beverage manufacturers. Dave has participated in multiple multimillion-dollar asbestos trials and has successfully resolved numerous high-value cases through extensive, complex settlement negotiations.
Dave is a key contributing writer on asbestos litigation for the firm’s award-winning Asbestos Case Tracker, which has been named to the ABA Journal‘s prestigious Blawg 100 and the Best Litigation Blog for the last three years by the Expert Institute in its annual legal blog contest. He is also a frequent contributor to Life Science Matters, the firm’s blog covering the life sciences and medical device industries.
As a law student, Dave assisted a group of attorneys defending New York City and numerous private contractors in the World Trade Center litigation.
Honors & Awards
New Jersey Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2017, 2020-22 (Thomson Reuters)
View peer-review methodologies at superlawyers.com. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Rutgers School of Law, J.D., 2010
- University of Delaware, B.A., 2005
Publications & Events
- Editor, Goldberg Segalla’s Asbestos Case Tracker blog: read David’s blog posts here
- Contributor, Goldberg Segalla’s Life Science Matters blog: read David’s blog posts here
- Mentioned in “Goldberg Segalla Elevates Seven NJ Attorneys to Partner,” NJBIZ, December 20, 2018
- “Navigating The Food Industry with Personal Jurisdiction in a Post-BMS World,” ABA Toxic Torts and Environmental Law Committee Newsletter, Fall 2017
- “Appellate Roundtable and Summary Judgment Decisions,” Perrin New York Asbestos Litigation Conference, New York, NY, December 4, 2018
- Local Chair and Moderator, Toxic Tort Litigation 2017 NYSBA Seminar, New York, NY, June 9, 2017
- “Emerging Toxins and How They Have Impacted the Industry” (Co-Presenter), Toxic Tort Litigation 2017 NYSBA Seminar, New York, NY, June 9, 2017
- “Defending Foodborne Illness Claims” (Co-Presenter), Dover, NH, March 21, 2017
- “Jurisdiction Update: Asbestos Litigation in New York, New Jersey & Pennsylvania,” (Co-Presenter), GS Webinar Series, February 28, 2023
- “A Review of Key Jurisdictions—Practice, Procedure, Verdicts, and Jury Pools in Illinois, Missouri, California, and Washington,” (Co-Presenter), GS Webinar Series, January 27, 2022
- “Jurisdiction Update: Court Events and Practices—New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania,” (Co-Presenter), GS Webinar Series, December 22, 2021
- “Supplier, Retailer, and Distributor Liability in New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania Asbestos Litigation,” (Co-Presenter), GS Webinar Series, June 29, 2021
- “An Update on the Bare Metal Defense in New York,” (Co-Presenter), GS Webinar Series, January 22, 2021
July 15, 2019
April 17, 2019