Jill Forman Marks
Jill Forman Marks has 20 years of legal experience, with 17 of those spent defending employers, insurance carriers, and third-party administrators in workers’ compensation matters. Her clients have included large trucking companies, major liquor distributors, construction companies, general contractors, and hospitals.
While at the University of Florida College of Law, Jill was a member of the Justice Campbell Thornall Moot Court Board, which helped her in appellate work later in her career. She remains engaged with the academic side of the law, lecturing on adjuster ethics, wrongful termination and retaliatory discharge, and updated case law. An avid runner, Jill is also an active member of IRun4, a group that pairs runners with children suffering from mental and/or physical disabilities, encouraging mentorship and bonding, and providing a platform for the runners to raise awareness for their younger partners’ afflictions.
As a first-chair attorney in every criminal prosecution and workers’ compensation matter she’s handled, Jill has managed all aspects of her cases — from discovery through trial, with some assistance in appellate litigation. Jill has experience with cases involving workers’ compensation claims for common bodily injuries as well as more complicated and multi-issue cases. In her work defending hospitals and their insurers, Jill has successfully litigated cases involving needle injuries and bites from patients, hepatitis C infections, and other bloodborne illnesses.
In her current workers’ compensation practice, Jill draws on extensive jury and non-jury trial experience dating back to her years as an assistant state attorney prosecuting criminal matters for the Third and Fifteenth Judicial Circuits. In that role, Jill honed her skills in taking depositions and cross-examining witnesses at trial. In her current practice handling workers’ compensation cases, she puts these skills to work in deposing claimants and pinpointing fraud.
Admitted to Practice
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- University of Florida College of Law, J.D., 1998
- Justice Campbell Thornall Moot Court Board
- University of Florida, B.A. with honors, 1995
- Florida State Bar
- Workers’ Compensation Section
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
Publications & Events
- “The Upper Extremity – Anatomy and Intervention in Workers’ Compensation Claims,” Goldberg Segalla CE presentation, July 17, 2018
- “Florida Indemnity Benefits Entitlement,” Workers’ Compensation Webinar, March 14, 2018
- “Back to the Basics — Building Blocks and Reserves of Workers’ Compensation,” CLM Webinar, January 10, 2018
- “Fraud in Florida,” Workers’ Compensation Webinar, October 24, 2017