Lona H. Sayej concentrates her practice on counseling and defending employers, insurers, and third-party administrators in complex workers’ compensation claims throughout Illinois. She is involved in each stage of the litigation process from beginning to end, including mediations, depositions, appeals and trials. Lona draws on a background representing petitioners in workers’ compensation matters.
While in law school, Lona gained experience as a public defender at the Washtenaw Public Defender’s Office, where she advocated for clients in felony court pursuant to Michigan Court Rule 8.120, which allows law students approved by the American Bar Association and in good standing to represent clients and appear in court on their behalf.
- Western Michigan University Cooley Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, 2020
- Law Review: Senior Associate Editor
- Student Bar Association: Senator
- Youngstown State University, B.A., 2016
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association