Michael P. Luongo
Michael P. Luongo focuses his practice on aviation law, product liability, professional malpractice, and commercial litigation matters for clients in state and federal courts throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
Before joining Goldberg Segalla, Michael served as a judicial law clerk to the Hon. Anne E. Lazarus in the Superior Court of Pennsylvania.
In the area of aviation law, Michael has
- defended national air carriers and aircraft maintenance and repair facilities in property- and casualty-liability claims as well as violations of anti-discrimination and disability laws; and
- achieved dismissal of actions on federal preemption grounds and failure to plead violations of federal aviation statutes and regulations.
Michael’s professional-malpractice experience includes
- defending accounting firms, law firms, and insurance-brokerage firms;
- arguing professional-liability claims before trial and appellate courts;
- resolving claims through alternative dispute resolution; and
- helping secure the dismissal of fraud claims against a well-known international auction house in a case involving fake Willie Mays paraphernalia erroneously authenticated by a third party.
In product-liability matters, Michael has defended manufacturers of industrial machinery as well as retailers of consumer products.
Honors & Awards
Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2016–21
Arts + Business Council of Greater Philadelphia (ABC), Volunteer of the Year Award, 2015
View peer-review methodologies at superlawyers.com. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Courts for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2011
- Temple Journal of Science, Technology & Environmental Law: Articles Editor
- Bucknell University, B.A., 2008
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
Arts + Business Council for Greater Philadelphia (ABC), Lawyers for the Arts Program 2000 to present
Publications & Events
- Author, “Seven Lessons for Litigating Your First Case Through Trial,” Professional Services Liability, American Bar Association, November 11, 2014
- Co-Author, “When Is It Criminal to Issue a Subpoena? The Intersection of Subpoena Practice and the Unauthorized Practice of Law” For the Defense, Defense Research Institute, October 2013
- Co-Author, “Fantasy Sports: A Real Game-Changer for Employers” Lehigh Valley Business, November 16, 2012
- Author, “Post-Conviction Due Process Right to Access DNA Evidence,” 29 Temp. Envtl. L. & Tech. J. 127 (2010)
July 15, 2019
April 18, 2019
April 18, 2019