Molly M. Ryan
Molly M. Ryan focuses her practice on counseling and defending clients in the areas of constitutional law, general liability, and sports and entertainment law. In constitutional matters, Molly defends public entities and public employees, including municipalities, school districts, police officers, prosecutors, and elected officials. She represents athletics facilities, teams, music festivals, and security companies overseeing entertainment venues in a variety of liability cases. She also represents regional and national commercial real estate developers and trucking companies in catastrophic personal injury litigation. Molly has tried cases in state and federal court and she routinely handles appeals.
Molly is a regular contributor to Goldberg Segalla’s Sports and Entertainment Law Insider blog, and she has published articles on constitutional law and sports law for USLAW, DRI’s The Business Suit, and the American Bar Association Section of Litigation’s Minority Trial Lawyer.
- New York
- Washington, D.C.
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Central Districts of California
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Western Districts of New York
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Second and Ninth Circuit
- Santa Clara University School of Law, J.D., 2003
- Colgate University, B.A., 2000
- Women’s Soccer Team
- Central New York Women’s Bar Association (CNYWBA)
- Manlius YMCA Board of Directors
- Syracuse Stage: Board of Trustees
Publications & Events
- Author, “Title IX and the Drive for Gender Equality in Sports,” ABA Section of Litigation Minority Trial Lawyer, Fall 2012/Winter 2013
- Co-Author, “Not for the Bashful: Student Athletes, Drug Testing … and Judicial Doctrine,” DRI’s The Business Suit, Newsletter of the Commercial Litigation Committee, August 20, 2012
- Co-Author, “Private Property or Public Forum? How the Occupy Movement Implicates Free Speech and Property Rights in Retail Spaces,” USLAW, Spring/Summer 2012
January 1, 2017
Fall 2012/Winter 2013
September 17, 2012
August 20, 2012