Samantha K. Levasseur
Samantha K. Levasseur focuses her practice on workers’ compensation and employment law defense. She has represented a diverse range of employers and insurers before the State of Connecticut Workers’ Compensation Commission, including self-insured employers, employers with large retentions and deductibles, insurance carriers, and third-party administrators.
Samantha’s work has included defending complex cases related to occupational exposure, permanent total disability, widow/dependent benefits, death and claims of employment discrimination brought before the Workers’ Compensation Commission pursuant to C.G.S. 31-290a. She also has argued on appeal from a formal hearing decision before the Connecticut Compensation Review Board.
As part of her employment-law practice, in addition to the work she has done with the Workers’ Compensation Commission under C.G.S. 31-290a, Samantha has appeared before the Connecticut Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities and Connecticut Superior Court to defend employers both private and municipal against allegations of discrimination and wrongful termination. She has also appeared in Connecticut Superior Court to represent clients in various personal-injury matters.
Honors & Awards
Connecticut Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2017–19 (Workers’ Compensation)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut
- University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D., 2009
- Member of mock-trial society
- Co-president of the VIS International Commercial Arbitration Moot Court Team
- Notes-and-comments editor for the Connecticut Insurance Law Journal
- University of Exeter School of Law, J.D. Study Abroad Program
- Samantha studied comparative law while simultaneously completing a research project on international defense trade between the United States and the United Kingdom.
- Assumption College, B.A., 2006
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Risk Management Society, Connecticut Valley Chapter
Publications & Events
“Regional Shortcomings and Global Solutions: Kidnap and Ransom Insurance in Latin America,” Connecticut Insurance Law Journal, Spring 2008
- Presenter, “Coming and Going in Connecticut: The Lunch Break Defense,” Worker’s Compensation Webinar, May 16, 2018
- Presenter, “Settlement Valuation Trends and Ways to Avoid a Commissioner Rejection in Connecticut,” Workers’ Compensation Webinar, July 12, 2017
July 27, 2020
December 18, 2018
October 18, 2018