Steven J. Lee
Steven J. Lee practices civil litigation with a focus on representing clients in construction, development, property management, maintenance, and related industries. He counsels and defends clients in a wide range of general liability and employment matters. He has extensive experience in both state and federal courts, as well as conducting depositions, under-oath examinations, hearings, arbitrations, mediations, and trials.
Prior to joining private practice, Steven was president and founder of Evolution Contracting, a Flushing, NY-based contracting company. As president, Steven managed all aspects of business management, sourcing of new clients, and project management. He also regularly performed complex construction projects, including direct communication and oversight with engineers, architects, designers, clients, subcontractors, tradesmen, inspectors, and employees. This experience equips him with an understanding of on-the-ground realities of the construction industry and invaluable insights into the business needs and operational concerns of construction owners and managers.
During law school, Steven interned with the Immigration Project Clinic Practicum―Central American Refugee Center and the Immigration Protection Unit through the Pro Bono Scholars program for the New York Legal Assistance Group.
- New York
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- Hofstra University School of Law, J.D., 2015
- Pro Bono Leadership Award, May 2015
- Public Service Certificate―Gold Level, May 2015
- President’s Pro Bono Service Award―Law School Group, New York State Bar Association, May 2014
- State University of New York at Geneseo
- Korean American Insurance and Finance Association (KAIFA); Board Member: Secretary
- Korean American Lawyers of Greater New York (KALAGNY), Member