Walter G. Benjamin
Walter G. Benjamin has focused his practice exclusively on Florida workers’ compensation law since 1989. He has represented a wide variety of employers in various industries—including employee leasing, construction, hotel, retail, manufacturing, government, and transportation—and their carriers, servicing agents, and third-party administrators for 25 of his 31 years in workers’ compensation matters, and prosecuted claims on behalf of injured workers for six years. Walter handles all aspects of the claims from referral through closure, including legal assessment, counseling clients, discovery, trial, lien recovery, and appeal. He has also handled appeals before the First and Fifth District Courts of Appeal. Prior to beginning his career in workers’ compensation, Walter served four years as an assistant public defender for the Ninth Judicial Circuit, where he tried numerous jury trials.
Walter volunteers at Seminole State College’s Department of Legal Studies as a guest speaker on workers’ compensation topics and as a judge in mock trials. He presents adjuster CEU classes in workers’ compensation and has been a guest editor of the News & 440 Report for the Workers’ Compensation section of The Florida Bar.
Honors & Awards
Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated
- University of Florida, J.D., 1982
- Emory University, B.A., 1979
- Florida Bar: Workers’ Compensation Section
- The Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
- Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association (FRLA)
- Orlando Claims Association (OCA)
- U.S. Green Chamber of Commerce
- Seminole State College Legal Studies Program: Guest Speaker, Mock Trial Judge
- Orange County Teen Court Judge